Pesticide Education Topics
Pesticide Container Management
- USAg Recycling, Inc. - Specializes in recycling crop protection product containers, this company services Florida.
- The Agricultural Container Recycling Council (ACRC) - The ACRC is a nonprofit organization that promotes and supports the collection and recycling of high density polyethylene (HDPE) crop protection containers.
- ACRC Proper Rinse Instructions - Rinsing instructions to properly rinse various types of crop protection containers.
- Acceptable vs. Unacceptable Containers! (Go to Acceptable Containers on menu) A visual review of crop protection containers that are acceptable and unacceptable for recycling.
- Pesticide Container Rinsing - UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office Fact Sheet about the rinsing of empty pesticide containers
- Proper Disposal of Pesticide Waste - UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office Fact Sheet about disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers.
Worker Protection Standard
The Worker Protection Standard for Agricultural Pesticides (WPS) is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulation designed to prevent pesticide poisonings and injuries among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers.
- Worker Protection Standard - EPA Office of Pesticide Programs site for basic information on WPS
- EPA Worker Protection Standards - USDA Agricultural Labor Affairs listing of several useful WPS information resources.
- WPS How to Comply Manual- An updated 2005 on-line version of a manual, prepared by EPA, to provide the information necessary for employers to comply with the requirements of the 1992 Worker Protection Standard.
- WPS Revisions - UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office summary of revisions to the WPS regulations.
- WPS Field Warning Signs - Information about use of field warning signs to warn agricultural workers of pesticide applications
- Proper Disposal of Pesticide Waste - UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office fact sheet about disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers.
- Operation Cleansweep for Pesticides - A disposal program in Florida for canceled, suspended, and unusable pesticides.
- Pesticide and Container Disposal for Homeowners - UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office Fact Sheet with information about Pesticide disposal for homeowners.